Accelerated High School
- The student has successfully completed the tenth grade.
- The student provides certification from the local principal or his/her designee certifying that the student has a minimum cumulative “B” average and recommends the student be admitted under this policy.
- The student may enroll only in postsecondary courses for which high school prerequisites have been completed (for example: a student may not take English Composition until all required high school English courses have been completed). Acceptable courses will be determined for each individual student in consultation with the College’s counseling staff.
- Exceptions may be granted by the Chancellor of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education for a student documented as gifted or talented.
- HOME SCHOOL: Students who are CURRENTLY home schooled will be limited to six semester hours per semester.
- Students desiring to use college credit to fulfill high school graduation requirements should make prior arrangements with their local high school system.
- Students must comply with the College placement policy.
Preparing for a placement test
Before you take your test, study basic math, reading, and English concepts. For extra help, visit these sites.
- Study app
- Free Sample Questions
Students must pay tuition & fees and purchase necessary textbooks.
No Federal Financial Aid or scholarships are available.
Students may only enroll in college level classes.
High School credit may be awarded by the local board of education. In that case, six semester hours are the equivalent of one Carnegie Unit.
Enterprise State Community College
P.O. Box 1300
Enterprise, AL 36331