SPRING GRADUATION IS MAY 13, 2021 at 6:00 pm
This year because of the COVID-19, graduation will be held under the oaks in front of the Wallace Administration.
Diploma and Certificates:
Diploma and Certificates: Diplomas and Certificates will be processed at the end of each term. Once all degree and certificate requirements are verified, the Registrar will post awards to the student’s transcript.
- If you are participating in the Commencement your diploma and cover will be presented to you at the end of Commencement.
- If you are not participating in Commencement and indicated you will pick up your diploma, the Registrar’s Office will contact students once their diploma is printed. Please allow up to six weeks for processing.
- If you are not participating in Commencement, and you selected to have your diploma mailed, your diploma will be mailed to you once it is printed. Please allow six weeks for processing.
Applying for Graduation
Students eligible for graduation must complete the online graduation application. Your name should be the same as it is on your permanent record. If your name is different, please clear up any issues with the Admissions Office at the campus you attend. The deadline to apply for the Spring 2021 Graduation is May 5, 2021.
For Spring graduation, applications must be submitted by May 5, in order to have it processed, regalia ordered, and your name listed in the graduation program.
Payment of Diploma or Certificate
Your graduation fee will not be applied until you call the business office to have it applied. A HOLD will be placed on your account and grades, transcript and any disbursements will not be released until payment has been received. Students have 14 days to make a payment from the time the charges are posted.
Students can make payment in two ways:
- Students can make payments at the Business Office in Enterprise, and the Admissions Office at the Ozark Campus.
- Students can also pay online by logging in to their MyESCC account.
Failure to make payment within 14 days will delay your graduation application and could result in your account being sent directly to Holloway Collection Agency.
Should your account be sent to Holloway Collection Agency:
- *The student accepts the fee charged as a legal and lawful debt and agrees to pay a said fee, including any/all costs of collection, (33.33%), attorney fees, and/or court costs if such be necessary. I waive now and forever my right of exemption under the laws of the constitution of the State of Alabama and any other State.
- *The student gives Enterprise State Community College, its employees, and/or agents “express prior consent” to contact me at any/all phone numbers, including cell phone numbers (by a phone call or text message), for the purpose of payment. (*We have to have these two clauses if there is a possibility we might have to send something to collations)
Please visit the ESCC Bookstore to order your cap, gown, and tassel. The bookstore hours are 8 am -12:30 pm, Monday-Thursday. Friday Closed.
Please be prepared to pay for the Graduation Regalia when you pick it up.
The price of the cap, gown, and tassel is $52.
Email any questions to email@example.com or call 501-767-7780.
Honor Society Graduates
Members of honor societies are welcome to wear regalia (honor cords, stole, and/or tassel) at the graduation ceremony. For more information, contact your honor society sponsor.
Graduates who need to request special accommodations for the ceremony should contact Ms. Dava Foster, 334-347-2623, ext. 2293.
Spring Graduation practice is 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 13, in front of the Wallace Administration. Graduates are encouraged to attend.
Enterprise Campus: Parking is available on campus. The ceremony will be held outside in front of the Wallace Administration.
Arrival Enterprise Campus
- Graduates are required to be dressed in cap and gown and checked into Sessions Hall, 30 minutes prior to the ceremony.
- Graduates will line up by degrees, certificates, short-term certificates. Graduates will then line up alphabetically by a program of study.
- Ladies: Please wear a dress (preferably without a collar) that does not show below the robe. Hosiery and dark, comfortable shoes are recommended. Jewelry should be kept to a minimum.
- Men: Wear dark-colored dress slacks, dress shirt, tie, and dark-colored dress shoes.
- Caps and gowns may not be embellished. This includes cap decorations of any kind. Note: Press graduation gowns with a cool iron.
Positioning the Graduation Attire
- Position the cap so the top is flat. The cap should not be set on the back of the head. The front of the cap point should be approximately one inch above the eyebrows. Please secure with a bobby pin.
- Place the tassel on the right side during the ceremony. Graduates will be told when to move the tassel to the left.
Proper Stage Etiquette
- When walking toward the stage to receive the diploma, hand the name card to the announcer. Your name will be read as it has been printed on the card.
- Extend your right hand to shake hands with the person handing you the diploma and receive the diploma with your left hand. Smile, say thank you and continue across the stage.
The Commencement Ceremony is a time of great honor and dignity and a special occasion for our graduates and their family members. We ask that you refrain from talking, cheering, excessive movement, and using electronic devices during the ceremony.
Conclusion of Ceremony
During the existing processional after the Commencement Ceremony has concluded, staff members will be collecting diploma covers and handing out diplomas/certificates. Thank you so much for your cooperation.