Division of Fine Arts
Scholarship Audition/Portfolio Review • Extended until Friday, May 8, 2020
The Fine Arts Division at ESCC maintains a vibrant artistic community that continues to grow every year. On our campus, students and community members are given various opportunities to highlight their talents in both solo and group environments. Current students participate in events such as Piney Woods Arts Festival, the Wiregrass Renaissance Faire, performances at the Disney Candlelight Processional and with the Atlanta Pops, NATS student auditions, as well as multiple concerts and art shows at the college and within the community.
We are seeking artistically inclined students who are dedicated and disciplined and who want to represent the college within the Enterprise community and throughout the state. Whether one chooses to pursue the arts professionally, each student will learn valuable skills that may be utilized in all disciplines and make connections with peers, which will last a lifetime. The requirements for our music and theater auditions as well as our visual art portfolio review and interview are included below. If you are interested in joining our program, please follow these instructions and/or contact us for more information. We look forward to meeting you in the near future. Good luck!
Dr. Ken Thomas, chair, Ms. Leslie Gibson, Ms. Erin M. Smith, and Ms. Jenny Fine ESCC Fine Arts Faculty
Scholarship Eligible Groups/Pursuits
Music or Art Major
ESCC Entertainers, Show Choir
ESCC Camerata, Chamber Choir
ESCC Concert Choir
ESCC Concert Band
ESCC Entertainers Band
Auditions and portfolio reviews have been extended until Friday, May 8, 2020. Please contact Dr. Ken Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions for music or Ms. Leslie Gibson, email@example.com, if you have any questions about your portfolio review. Below is a list of requirements:
Upload your audition video via YouTube.
1. Dress should be professional. While it is not required that males wear a suit, it is appropriate for to wear what is known as business casual (e.g. sports jacket, tie, dresses, etc.).
2. Complete a fine arts application form. Make sure to fill out the document in its entirety.
3. All prospective music students should prepare 20 – 30 measures of a piece appropriate to the group for which you wish to be considered. All songs should be performed a capella. If you would like to audition with more than one instrument, please submit a video for each instrument. In addition to a song, instrumentalists should prepare five scales, arpeggios, and chord progressions (pianists) of their choice.
4. In addition to a song, students desiring of a theater scholarship should prepare a monologue.
a. 1 – 2 minutes in duration
b. suitable to the age of the actor
c. from a recognized Broadway or off-Broadway play – no original, unpublished works
5. For all theater and Entertainer auditions, please include a 16 – 32 count dance/movement element with your video.
6. Email the YouTube video link to Dr. Ken Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. All videos MUST be received by Friday, May 8, 2020.
1. Take quality, well framed (in the camera) digital photos of 12-15 pieces, any medium.
2. Create a simple, plain background PowerPoint slide show, one work per slide.
3. Add Name, Academic year applying (2020-2021) ON THE FIRST SLIDE of your portfolio.
4. Save it as a .pdf document.
5. Email the .pdf document to Dr. Ken Thomas at email@example.com.
6. The document MUST be received by Friday, May 8, 2020.
The Enterprise State Community College (ESCC) Fine Arts Division boasts a highly-qualified and very creative faculty in Art, Music, and Theatre. Our faculty members are featured in art gallery shows, special community events, plays, and musical concerts throughout the Wiregrass. The Fine Arts Division offers a challenging, dynamic, and extremely rewarding curriculum that helps prepare our students for careers in the arts or provides our students with classes to enrich their lives and leisure time. The ESCC Band is a creative outlet for instrumentalists of all ages and is open to the community. The ESCC Concert Choir is open to the community as well as to ESCC students and performs regularly for Division concerts and community events. The ESCC Players, our theatre troupe, also brings in members of the community for exciting, full-scale theatrical productions. The award-winning ESCC Entertainers Show Choir performs across the state, representing the Fine Arts Division and the College exceptionally well at numerous community functions.
Many of our graduates continue their passion for the arts through acceptance into nationally recognized arts institutes and pursuing careers in the arts. A recent graduate who now attends the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan stated it best: “There is no dream too big, and no matter what you think you can’t accomplish, you can accomplish it”. The ESCC Fine Arts Division is your dream and path to a brighter future.