Truck drivers wanted! And now is the perfect time to switch lanes and begin a new career as a commerical truck driver. Enterprise State Community College’s Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) program is a 6-week course that provides students with the knowledge, technical skills, and attitudes necessary to obtain entry-level employment.
Do you need help with getting your CDL permit?
We are offering a FREE CDL permit study class at the Alabama Aviation College in the Steagal Building on the Ozark campus. Classes will be on Tuesdays from 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm beginning May 21, 2019.
For more information or to sign up please call Laticia Dubose 334-347-2623 ext.3610.
- Complete a Commercial Truck Driving Admission Application
- Submit an Identity Verification Form: escc.edu/identity-verification
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid Alabama Driver’s License
- Motor Vehicle Driving Record (MVR)
- Class A CDL Permit (Must Pass general knowledge, combinations, and air brakes portions)
- DOT Physical and Drug Screen (Prospective students must receive a voucher from the Alabama Career Center or Alabama Aviation College for a free physical and drug screening) The Enterprise State Community College has a contract with Dr. Williams, 557 Glover Ave, Enterprise, AL 36330, (334) 489-4566.
NOTE: In compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, a Motor Vehicle Report, students must provide a copy of their Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and the results of DOT physical and controlled substance tests to the instructor by the first day of class.
Classes are held at Alabama Aviation College in Ozark, Alabama and offers 6 – 8 courses a year.
100% funding is available through the Alabama Career Center. For information regarding eligibility and application for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), please contact an Alabama Career Center:
Enterprise Career Center (334) 347-0044 • Eufaula Career Center (334) 687-8251
Ozark Career Center (334) 443-2000
Dothan Career Center (334) 792-2121 • Troy Career Center (334) 566-3920
Or the Career Center near you!
Program Costs And Fees:
*Tuition must be paid by the first day of class
Motor Vehicle Record (MVR): $5.75
CDL Learner’s Permit Certification: $36.25
CDL Learner’s Permit General Knowledge Test: $25.00
For more information, please contact:
Laticia Dubose – Assistant Financial Aid Director
Phone: 334-347-2623 x3610
Jenna Judah – Recruiter, Aviation Campus
Phone: 334-347-2623 x3630
*According to data collected from HWOL (Help Wanted Online) and analyzed by the Alabama Department of Labor’s Labor Market Information Division.