Truck drivers wanted! And now is the perfect time to switch lanes and begin a new career as a commerical truck driver. Enterprise State Community College’s Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) program is a 6-week course that provides students with the knowledge, technical skills, and attitudes necessary to obtain entry-level employment.
- Complete a Commercial Truck Driving Admission Application
- Submit an Identity Verification Form: escc.edu/identity-verification
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid Alabama Driver’s License
- Take the full TABE assessment thru ESCC’s Adult Education Program
- Motor Vehicle Driving Record (MVR)
- Class A CDL Permit (Must Pass general knowledge, combinations, and air brakes portions)
- DOT Physical and Drug Screen (prospective students must see a Commercial Truck Driving Staff member before taking physical and drug screen.)
NOTE: In compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, a Motor Vehicle Report, students must provide a copy of their Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and the results of DOT physical and controlled substance tests to the instructor by the first day of class.
Classes are held at Alabama Aviation College in Ozark, Alabama and offers 6 – 8 courses a year.
100% funding is available through the Alabama Career Center. For information regarding eligibility and application for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), please contact an Alabama Career Center:
Enterprise Career Center (334) 347-0044 • Ozark Career Center (334) 443-2000
Dothan Career Center (334) 792-2121 • Troy Career Center (334) 566-3920
Or the Career Center near you!
Program Costs And Fees:
Tuition: $3,500 (Fall & Spring, Summer)
*Tuition must be paid by the first day of class
Insurance Fee: $5.12
Drug Screen and DOT Physical: Approximately $125.00
Motor Vehicle Record (MVR): $5.75
CDL Learner’s Permit Certification: $36.25
CDL Learner’s Permit General Knowledge Test: $25.00
Books and Supplies: $25.00
For more information, please contact:
Jenna Judah – Recruiter, Aviation Campus
Phone: 334-347-2623 x3630
Laticia Dubose – Assistant Financial Aid Director
Phone: 334-347-2623 x3610
*According to data collected from HWOL (Help Wanted Online) and analyzed by the Alabama Department of Labor’s Labor Market Information Division.