The purpose of this Memorandum is to direct your prompt attention to Alabama Immigration Law Compliance flow-down requirments that will be in effect on January 1, 2012. Those are discussed herein and can be summarized as follows:
1. PROVIDE the Alabama Communtiy College System (ACCS) Institution proof that you are in compliance with the immigration law by timely submitting a notarized AFFIDAVIT OF ALABAMA IMMIGRATION LAW COMPLIANCE and a E-VERIFY MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING.
2. PROVIDE the ACCS Institution a signed ALABAMA IMMIGRATION LAW COMPLAINCE CONTRACT in the attached NOTICE form provided.
3. PROVIDE your subcontractors notice of their complaicne obligations and OBTAIN from each a notiarized AFFIDAVIT OF ALABAMA IMMIGRATION LAW COMPLIANCE - SUBCONTRACTOR.
The requirements above, imposed by H.B. 56 are "a condition for the award of any contract, grant, or incentive by the State of Alabama , any political subdivision thereof, or any state-funded entitiy to a business entity or employer that employs one or more employees working in the State of Alabama as a Contractor or a Grantee, if you believe these obligations do not apply to you, please notify the Institution immediately.
If you contract with more than one ACCS Institution, you will only need to have one affidavit completed and notarized, and then provide a copy to the requesting instition. You are required to maintain your subcontractors affidavitis at your offices. These documents will be subject to audit. You may provide a copy of this Memorandum with your notification memorandum to your subcontrators as an explanation for this mandatory requirment.
Finally, you will find a NOTICE OF ALABAMA IMMIGRATION LAW COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS TO ALL CONTRACTORS ("CONTRACTORS") of ACCS Institutions for execution by contractors and to be returned to the Instition. The the extnet that there is no formal written contract between a contractor and the Institution, such as where business is conducted by purchase ordes, this document shall serve as your Alabama Immigration Law Compliance Contract. Similar Language will also be in contractual agreements or grant documents with the Institution.
For your convenience, please see *Business Office Forms* for a copy of the following:
- MEMORRANDUM - H.B. 56-ALABAMA IMMIGRATION LAW COMPLIANCE
- NOTICE OF ALABAMA IMMIGRATION LAW COMPLIANCE REQUIRMENTS TO ALL CONTRACTORS ("CONTRACTORS")
- AFFIDDAVIT OF ALABAMA IMMIGRATION LAW COMPLIANCE-CONTRACTOR
- AFFIDAVIT OF ALABAMA IMMIGRATION LAW COMPLIANCE-SUBCONTRACTOR
- STATE OF ALABAM DISLCOSURE STATEMENT
We have also provided a link to enroll in E-Verify
Please complete, notarize, and reutrn to Enterprise State Coommunity College, the NOTICE OF ALABAMA IMMIGRATION LAW COMPLIANCE REQUIRMENTS TO ALL CONTRACTORS ("CONTRACTORS"), ADDIFAVIT OF ALABAMA IMMIGRATION LAW COMPLIANCE - CONTRACTOR, STATE OF ALABAMA DISCLOSURE STATEMENT along with your E-VERIFY MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING.