INTENT TO EMPLOY
February 1, 2017
POSITION: Volunteer Athletic Assistant – continuous posting (multiple positions)
1. Experience playing and/or coaching baseball, softball or basketball.
1. Experience with field maintenance.
2. Knowledge of NJCAA eligibility rules.
3. CDL-endorsement P License.
The Athletic Assistant Volunteer assists the Head Coach with coaching duties. Helps maintain a clean atmosphere by cleaning dugouts, ballpark, gymnasium, bathrooms, bleachers, and grounds. Prepares the field/gym for practice. Attends practices and games and assists with study halls. Helps maintain field maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SEE ATTACHED JOB DESCRIPTION
SALARY: Volunteer position only
POSITION AVAILABLE: February 2017
POSITION DEADLINE: Continuous posting
Applicants must submit a complete packet which consists of the following:
• Completed and signed ESCC Application for Employment
• Current resume
• Two signed professional letters of reference describing the applicant’s skills, abilities, and work experience relevant to this position.
Employment is contingent upon employer verification of work experience. Must be on company letterhead or form, signed by company administrator and include name, title & dates employed. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications and submit a complete application packet by the deadline will be considered. Applications submitted by fax or email will not be accepted. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. From applications received, a search committee will review applications, interview eligible applicants, and select candidates for further consideration by the President. Interviews will be by appointment only. Applicants must travel at their own expense. Candidates selected for an interview must demonstrate proficiency in written English and skills assessment may be included as part of the interview process. All applications become the property of ESCC. In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. Enterprise State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security. The candidate hired will be responsible for the nonrefundable minimum cost of $17.40 for the criminal background investigation. Additional charges may apply.
Enterprise State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Enterprise State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Enterprise State Community College application for employment form is available at www.escc.edu and should submitted online.
Job Title: Volunteer Athletic Assistant
Department: Student Services
Reports to: Athletic Director/Head Coach
The Volunteer Athletic Assistant assists the Head Coach with coaching duties and any other needs within the athletic department.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Assist the Head Coach with coaching duties.
2) Attend practices and games.
3) Become familiar with NJCAA rules and regulations.
4) Assist with recruiting ( if coach agrees to this)
5) Help coach with travel plans (meals, rooms, etc.)
6) Assist with study halls.
7) Prepare the field/gym for practice.
8) Set up water coolers for players.
9) Provide field maintenance: cut grass, kill weeds, fertilize the fields, chalk the fields for practice and game days.
10) Assist in maintaining clean athletic areas.
11) Act as an adult ALWAYS representing ESCC with their best interest.
12) Serve as bus driver is CDL-qualified
• Experience playing and/or coaching baseball, softball or basketball
• Experience with field maintenance
• Knowledge of NJCAA eligibility rules
• CDL-endorsement P License