Police Officer (Part-time continuous posting)
Posted On: Monday, July 2
Job Type: Part Time
POSITION: Police Officer – Part-time (Part-time continuous posting)
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Current Alabama driver’s license
• Current APOST certification is required
• A minimum of three (3) years full time law enforcement experience
Provide for the safety and well-being of the faculty, staff, students and visitors. Provide a secure environment through crime prevention and control, criminal investigation, traffic and parking supervision, disaster coordination, maintenance of public order and other related services.
POSITION AVAILABLE: July 2018
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Safeguard students, faculty, staff, authorized campus visitors, college property, buildings and equipment;
• Enforce and conform to college policies and regulations as well as state and federal laws;
• Monitor events on campus to ensure security and safety;
• Patrol campus in patrol vehicle and on foot;
• Issue citations to violators of campus parking violations;
• Prepare accident and offense/incident reports;
• Serve as primary investigator of on campus incidents;
• Carry approved weapons and maintain a satisfactory proficiency level of performance;
• Respond quickly in emergency situations;
• Perform other duties assigned by the President, Deans, and the Chief of Safety and Security.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
• Ability to work on either Enterprise or Ozark campus.
• Communicate in a professional, effective and pleasant manner with students, college employees and the general public.
• Ability to manage private information in a professional and confidential manner.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Knowledge of state and federal laws
• Ability to deal effectively with the public in emergency situations
• Certified in CPR (or obtain certification within three months of hire)
• Must maintain a level of physical fitness that would enable them to perform duties typically associated with police work.
Salary Schedule L $15.35-$25.00 hourly rate (Placement is determined by the applicant’s years of applicable experience)
POSITION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. The submission of all required application materials is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Applicants must submit a complete packet which consists of the following:
• Completed ESCC Application for Employment
• Current resume
• Copy of transcript showing degree and date conferred
• Verification of experience to equal the required years for the position included above.
(Verification of experience should be on company letterhead or form and include the applicants name, title, and dates of employment while employed. All letters must be dated and include an original signature of authorized personnel. If an employment verification cannot be obtained due to a legitimate reason, an applicant may submit copies of other trustworthy documentation such as appointment letters, contracts, pay stubs, or W-2 forms documenting the term of employment)
Employment is contingent upon employer verification of work experience. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications and submit a complete application packet by the deadline will be considered. Applications submitted by fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will NOT be accepted.
Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. All applications become the property of ESCC.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. The candidate hired will be responsible for the nonrefundable minimum cost of $17.40 for the criminal background investigation. Additional charges may apply.
Enterprise State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Enterprise State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Enterprise State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees.
The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Enterprise State Community College application for employment form is available at www.escc.edu and should submitted online.