Enrollment Management Specialist
Posted on: January 10, 2019
POSITION: Enrollment Management Specialist
• Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of three (3) years of administrative or clerical experience is required.
• Computer skills, including effective use of Word and Excel.
The Enrollment Management Specialist reports directly to the Associate Dean of Students and is responsible for planning, coordinating and performing the tasks necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the Office of the Registrar/Associate Dean.
POSITION AVAILABLE: February 2019
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare correspondence, memoranda, requisitions, and information pertaining to registration for students, faculty and staff.
• File and maintain student folders and academic transcripts.
• Annually purge student folders of those who have not been enrolled for the past five years.
• Create and maintain filing system for Records office which contains correspondence, memos, purchase orders, requisitions, etc.
• Inventory, revise and/or update all forms as required and order or duplicate forms as needed.
• Key registrations, change of schedules, complete withdrawals, roll corrections, audit forms, and grades by term.
• Alphabetize, file and maintain all registration forms, change of schedule forms and audit forms by term for five years.
• Key all name, address, and SSN changes, make changes on official transcripts and folders, and maintain hard copies of forms.
• Print and mail all academic probation and suspension letters each term and schedule Re-Admission Committee Appointments for the Re-Admission Committee.
• Print transcripts to be checked for graduation, log in computer, and enter graduation notations in computer system.
• Receive requests, prepare and forward student transcripts to other institutions, etc.
• Distribute incoming mail.
• Code and key official transcript of all transfer credits from previous institutions after being evaluated.
• Receive and key all grade changes, recomputations and requests for Academic Bankruptcy.
• Accurately file and maintain final grade reports each term.
• Receive and process all correspondence, schedules, change of schedules, name and address changes, transcript requests, military transcripts and audit forms.
• Pull over online applications and enter as needed
• Correct DAX errors daily or as required.
• Administer placement test and enter scores in Alliant system.
• Directs students to appropriate resources within Student Services.
• Assist with student scheduling.
• Assist Associate Dean with Transportation to include: scheduling of bus, process invoices for bus maintenance and repairs, and bus drivers.
• Scan Documents
• Print all diploma’s and certificates
• Assist with education verifications
• Answer questions in person, via the Internet, U.S. mail or by phone regarding college policies and procedures including but not limited to Advising, Registration, International Student Admissions, New Student Orientation, Testing, and other student services. Refer students as appropriate.
• Active participation during each registration period to assist with problems and questions. Provide services to a diverse population including non-native speakers, international students, high school students and other community members whose needs and interests vary.
• Assist students, staff and the public by providing general information regarding program availability, requirements, college admission policies, and other functions of the Student Services Center
• Organizational and record-keeping skills.
• Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
• Provide excellent customer service, and have the ability to meet the public, explain services and answer questions about the services of the Office of the Registrar.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean, Dean, or President.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and focus on details in a constantly changing environment.
• Ability to work professionally and effectively with the public, occasionally in stressful situations.
Salary Schedule E4 06 $24,511 – $38,449 (12-month salary), based upon the Alabama Community College System Salary Schedule to be determined by the applicant’s years of applicable experience. Applicant acknowledges that if selected for the position that applicant’s placement on the applicable salary schedule will be dependent upon the verified information provided.
Applications must be received by January 24, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Incomplete or late application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. Application packets submitted after the deadline date will eliminate the possibility of an interview. The submission of all required application materials by the deadline is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Applicants must submit a complete packet which consists of the following:
• Completed ESCC Application for Employment
• Current resume
• Copy of transcript showing degree and date conferred
• Verification of experience to equal the required years for the position included above.
(Verification of experience should be on company letterhead or form and include the applicants name, title, and dates of employment while employed. All letters must be dated and include an original signature of authorized personnel. If an employment verification cannot be obtained due to a legitimate reason, an applicant may submit copies of other trustworthy documentation such as appointment letters, contracts, pay stubs, or W-2 forms documenting the term of employment)
Employment is contingent upon employer verification of work experience. Must be on company letterhead or form, signed by company administrator and include name, title & dates employed. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications and submit a complete application packet by the deadline will be considered. Applications submitted by fax or email will not be accepted. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. From applications received, a search committee will review applications, interview eligible applicants, and select candidates for further consideration by the President. Interviews will be by appointment only. Applicants must travel at their own expense. Candidates selected for an interview must demonstrate proficiency in written English and skills assessment may be included as part of the interview process. All applications become the property of ESCC. In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. Enterprise State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security. The candidate hired will be responsible for the nonrefundable minimum cost of $17.40 for the criminal background investigation. Additional charges may apply.
Enterprise State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Enterprise State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Enterprise State Community College application for employment form is available at www.escc.edu and should submitted online.