Dean of Students
Posted On: Thursday, August 29
POSITION: Dean of Students
• Master’s degree in administration, student services, counseling, education, or related field
• Five years’ successful full-time administrative experience in leading, monitoring, coordinating, and/or facilitating student services-related functions.
• Experience at the dean or associate dean level preferred.
• Experience in oversight of Facilities Operations preferred.
The Dean of Students serves as the chief student affairs officer and is responsible for the overall leadership of student services and facilities. The Dean of Students provides leadership, management, and supervision of a comprehensive Student Services Division including: recruitment, admissions, financial aid, registration and records, advising services, testing programs, orientation, student support services, career services, an intercollegiate athletic program, intramurals, and student activities program in accordance with appropriate laws, regulations, policies and guidelines.
POSITION AVAILABLE: September 2019
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide administrative leadership and oversight for all student services including but not limited to admissions, registration, orientation, advising, financial aid, student conduct, student success, recruitment, student activities, student support services, athletics, and intramurals.
• Provide administrative coordination and oversight for all facilities services including staff leadership and the leadership of campus improvement projects.
• Develop, revise, and implement the strategic planning and institutional effectiveness efforts for the Student Services Division
• Interpret the mission of the College as it relates to Student Services.
• Recommend and administer all Student Services and other assigned departmental budgets
• Implement Policies affecting Student Services’ functions and inform college personnel of policy changes.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment plan and supervise the overall college recruitment effort.
• Supervise and evaluate personnel in Student Services and facilities.
• Administer due process for student disciplinary cases and grievance issues.
• Schedule and conduct regular Student Services Division meetings.
• Serve as Chair of the Student Affairs Committee and other committees as assigned.
• Supervise the development and implementation of a comprehensive New Student Orientation Program.
• Review, analyze, and report pertinent institutional data relative to student services functions including admissions, recruiting, registration, counseling, etc.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate submission of local, state and federal reports as appropriate.
• Serve as Student Services’ representative on the President’s Council.
• Participate in appropriate professional organizations.
• Assist in the development of college publications, such as the College Catalog and Student Handbook, term schedules, and Policy and Procedure Manual.
• Work closely with members of the President’s Council and with other members of the campus community as needed.
• Fulfill other duties and responsibilities assigned by the President.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work as an effective member of a productive, progressive leadership team.
• Ability to lead and manage with respect and effectiveness both individuals and teams of diverse, accomplished, and experienced community college professionals.
• Ability to work well with individuals with diverse cultural differences.
• Ability to interpret and implement the Alabama Community College System’s mission and ESCC’s mission.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with the college community at large.
• Exceptional analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Experience using technology to enhance the College’s education programs and the College as a whole.
• Effective and resourceful management of budgets.
• Familiarity with educational accreditation agencies such as SACSCOC and/or with state and/or federal approval agencies.
• Travel with overnight stays may be required.
Salary Schedule B $87,939 – $121,445, based upon the Alabama Community College System Salary Schedule to be determined by the applicant’s years of applicable experience. Applicant acknowledges that if selected for the position that applicant’s placement on the applicable salary schedule will be dependent upon the verified information provided.
Applications must be received by September 20, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Incomplete or late application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. Application packets submitted after the deadline date will eliminate the possibility of an interview. The submission of all required application materials by the deadline is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Applicants must submit a complete packet which consists of the following:
• Completed ESCC Application for Employment
• Current resume
• Copy of transcript showing degree and date conferred
• Verification of experience to equal the required years for the position included above.
(Verification of experience should be on company letterhead or form and include the applicants name, title, and dates of employment while employed. All letters must be dated and include an original signature of authorized personnel. If an employment verification cannot be obtained due to a legitimate reason, an applicant may submit copies of other trustworthy documentation such as appointment letters, contracts, pay stubs, or W-2 forms documenting the term of employment)
Employment is contingent upon employer verification of work experience. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications and submit a complete application packet by the deadline will be considered. Applications submitted by fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will NOT be accepted.
Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. All applications become the property of ESCC.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. The candidate hired will be responsible for the nonrefundable minimum cost of $17.40 for the criminal background investigation. Additional charges may apply.
Enterprise State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Enterprise State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Enterprise State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees.
The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Enterprise State Community College application for employment form is available at www.escc.edu and should submitted online.