Employment – Dean of Instruction
Posted On: Wednesday, April 4 2017
Job Type: Full Time
POSITION: Dean of Instruction
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. A minimum of three years of administrative experience in higher education. A minimum of three years of full-time teaching experience at the collegiate level. Experience in transfer and/or career/technical educational areas. Experience in instructional program planning, implementation and evaluation.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Dean of Instruction is responsible for the overall delivery of instructional services. The Dean of Instruction provides leadership, management and supervision in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the College’s instructional and workforce development initiatives. The Dean supervises all faculty and instructional staff. The Dean serves as the College’s chief instructional officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SEE ATTACHED JOB DESCRIPTION
SALARY: Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees B Salary Schedule Range: ($82,494 -$113,926)
POSITION AVAILABLE: June 2017
POSITION DEADLINE: Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m., May 12, 2017
Applicants must submit a complete packet which consists of the following:
- Completed and signed ESCC Application for Employment
- Current resume
- Copy of transcript showing degree and date conferred
- Two signed professional letters of reference describing the applicant’s skills, abilities, and work experience relevant to this position.
Employment is contingent upon employer verification of work experience. Must be on company letterhead or form, signed by company administrator and include name, title & dates employed. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications and submit a complete application packet by the deadline will be considered. Applications submitted by fax or email will not be accepted. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. From applications received, a search committee will review applications, interview eligible applicants, and select candidates for further consideration by the President. Interviews will be by appointment only. Applicants must travel at their own expense. Candidates selected for an interview must demonstrate proficiency in written English and skills assessment may be included as part of the interview process. All applications become the property of ESCC. In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. Enterprise State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security. The candidate hired will be responsible for the nonrefundable minimum cost of $17.40 for the criminal background investigation. Additional charges may apply.
Enterprise State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Enterprise State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Enterprise State Community College application for employment form is available at www.escc.edu and should submitted online.
Job Title: Dean of Instruction
Reports to: The President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Summary: The Dean of Instruction is responsible for the overall delivery of instructional services. The Dean of Instruction provides leadership, management and supervision in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the College’s instructional and workforce development initiatives. The Dean supervises all faculty and instructional staff. The Dean serves as the College’s chief instructional officer.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Maintain current educational programs and develop new instructional programs in coordination with ESCC faculty and instructional and administrative staff, in both general education transfer areas and in technical workforce development areas that are of the highest level of excellence.
2. Lead the strategic planning evaluation and improvement process for the Instructional Unit.
3. Maintain curriculum, program, and faculty credentialing standards and all agency and accreditation approval requirements to ensure integrity and excellence in all educational and instructional formats including traditional on-campus instruction, distance learning programs, dual enrollment programs, and all education partnerships.
4. Provide leadership and management of the day to day instructional operations of the College’s multiple campuses.
5. Serve as the College’s chief instructional officer.
6. Supervise faculty and instructional staff and advise the President in the selection of qualified faculty, division chairpersons, and instructional support staff.
7. Chair the Instructional Council; plan meetings twice a month; chair the Calendar Committee and other college committees as assigned by the President and/or her designee.
8. Conduct annual audits at the course, programmatic, and college levels to ensure compliance in all educational and instructional areas including faculty credentialing for all accrediting and approval agencies, which includes, but is not limited to Statewide Articulation Reporting System, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
9. Provide leadership in integrating technology into the instructional program.
10. Represent the faculty and the overall instructional program in the College’s administrative structure.
11. Develop and provide in electronic format for editing to personnel responsible for final formatting:
a. The term schedule in coordination with division chairpersons;
b. The instructional sections of the College Catalog in coordination with division chairpersons;
c. All non-instructional sections of the College Catalog in coordination with all other members of the President’s Council; and
d. Instructional Public Relations documents.
12. Provide administrative supervision of the Learning Resources Center, the Adult Education Program, the Extended Day program, Training for Existing Business and Industry, and non-credit programs on all campuses.
13. Develop and manage the instructional budgets and supervise divisional instructional budgets.
14. Design and implement the College’s professional development program which includes activities for full-time and adjunct faculty, administrators, and staff.
15. Design, direct, and evaluate mentoring/orientation programs for all new full-time and adjunct employees in the instructional program to ensure they are properly oriented, guided, and supported in performing their duties.
16. Conduct regular faculty meetings.
17. Evaluate all instructional personnel in accordance with the College’s policies and procedures.
18. Assist in making revisions and additions to College policy and procedures and the instructional program as developed and recommended by the Instructional Council and submit to the President’s Council for approval.
19. Serve as a member of the College’s President’s Council which serves as the College’s chief planning agency.
20. Provide routine and ad-hoc reports on the instructional program as requested by the President and/or the Alabama Community College System office.
21. Provide regular on-site supervision of all college campus and instructional sites.
22. Participate in the College’s extracurricular activities.
23. Be a visible community advocate for the College as exemplified by participation in community leadership/service organizations.
24. Fulfill other duties as assigned by the President or her designee.
Required Education/Work Experience:
1. Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
2. A minimum of three years of administrative experience in higher education
3. A minimum of three years of full-time teaching experience at the collegiate level.
4. Experience in transfer and/or career/technical educational areas.
5. Experience in instructional program planning, implementation and evaluation.
Preferred Education/Work Experience:
1. Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
2. Instructional or administrative experience in technical education and/or workforce development preferred.
Other Special Qualification/Requirements of the Job:
1. Ability to work as an effective member of a productive, progressive leadership team.
2. Ability to lead and manage with respect and effectiveness both individuals and teams of diverse, accomplished, and experienced community college faculty.
3. Ability to work well with individuals with diverse cultural differences.
4. Ability to interpret and implement the Alabama Community College System’s mission and ESCC’s mission.
5. Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with the college community at large
6. Exceptional analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
7. Experience using technology to enhance the College’s education programs and the College as whole.
8. Effective and resourceful management of budgets.
9. Familiarity with educational accreditation agencies such as SACS or with state and/or federal approval agencies.
10. Travel among ESCC locations/sites to ensure effectiveness of programming and administrative oversight.