Custodian (Part-time) – Ozark Campus
Posted On: Tuesday, August 23
POSITION: Custodian (Part-time) – Ozark Campus
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to read and write.
• Ability to understand verbal and written directions.
• Ability to operate College vehicles; use cleaning equipment; work with motorized equipment and manual tools, using visual and auditory inspections; climb ladders; and lift and carry up to 40 pounds in the performance of custodial duties.
The Custodian performs general custodial and maintenance duties campus wide.
POSITION AVAILABLE: August 2019
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Empties waste receptacles in offices and classrooms.
• Dusts furniture, shelves, and other flat surfaces.
• Cleans campus bathrooms.
• Maintains tile floors, including, sweeping, mopping, stripping, and waxing.
• Cleans office and classroom windows.
• Polices campus lawns. Rakes leaves.
• Maintains carpeted floors including vacuuming and shampooing.
• Maintenance duties as required.
• Responsible for event set-up and break downs.
• Serve as committee member as assigned.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Plant Supervisor, Dean of Students and/or President.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work non-standard hours as needed.
• Knowledge of proper use of cleaning chemicals and equipment.
Salary Schedule L $9 – $12 hourly rate (Placement is determined by the applicant’s years of applicable experience)
Applications are received continuously and applicants are contact, interviewed and hired on an as needed basis.
Incomplete or late application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. Application packets submitted after the deadline date will eliminate the possibility of an interview. The submission of all required application materials by the deadline is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Applicants must submit a complete packet which consists of the following:
• Completed ESCC Application for Employment
• Current resume
• High School diploma or GED
Employment is contingent upon employer verification of work experience. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications and submit a complete application packet by the deadline will be considered. Applications submitted by fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will NOT be accepted.
Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. All applications become the property of ESCC.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. The candidate hired will be responsible for the nonrefundable minimum cost of $17.40 for the criminal background investigation. Additional charges may apply.
Enterprise State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Enterprise State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Enterprise State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees.
The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Enterprise State Community College application for employment form is available at www.escc.edu and should submitted online.