Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)/ Medication Assistant (MAC) Instructor
Posted On: Friday, September 24
Job Title: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)/ Medication Assistant (MAC) Instructor
Department: Health Science
Reports to: Nursing Program Coordinator
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Nursing Program Coordinator, the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)/ Medication Assistant (MAC) Instructor will teach students according to the established policies and procedures to provide competent and effective classroom and laboratory instruction at varied times and places based on student demand.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach face to face courses, during the scheduled meeting times in areas of Certificated Nursing Assistant and Medication Assistant.
2. Prepare instructional materials, deliver instruction, and evaluate and record student progress in relation to achieving the objectives and learning outcomes of the course.
3. Adhere to times scheduled for class sessions.
4. Prepare, maintain, and submit accurate student and class records in accordance with College policies and procedures.
5. Work cooperatively with others to plan and accomplish goals of the ESCC.
6. Assign outside learning experiences to students that reinforce classroom instruction.
7. Evaluate inventory of instructional materials and equipment and advise the Nursing Program Coordinator and college administration on related needs.
8. Maintain licensure and certification as required.
9. Maintain program certifications/accreditations as required.
10. Provide clinical supervision at varied times and places and in varied formats based on student demand; day, evening, or weekend, at any approved clinical site.
11. Support the college’s mission, including the institution’s commitment to providing opportunities to students without regard to race, sex, age, income, religion, disability, or occupation.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with at least two years of in field experience to include one year of geriatric care experience.
2. An active unencumbered Alabama Board of Nursing License with no restrictions as a Registered Nurse.
1. A Master’s degree in Nursing with at least two years of in field experience to include one year of geriatric care experience.
Other Special Qualifications/Requirements of the Job:
1. Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
2. Communicate in a professional, effective and pleasant manner with students, college employees, clinical facilities, and the general public.
$25-$30 an hour based on experience and degree.
Applicants must submit a complete packet which consists of the following:
● Completed ESCC Application for Employment
● Current resume
● Copy of transcripts showing degree and date conferred
● Current unencumbered Alabama Board of Nursing License with no restrictions as a Registered Nurse.
● Verification of experience to equal the required years of experience for the position included above.
(Verification of experience should be on company letterhead or form and include the applicants name, title, dates of employment, and duties and responsibilities while employed. All letters must be dated and include an original signature of authorized personnel. If an employment verification cannot be obtained due to a legitimate reason, an applicant may submit copies of other trustworthy documentation such as appointment letters, contracts, pay stubs, military forms or W-2 forms documenting the term of employment)
NOTE: Statements included in this description are intended to be representative of the duties and responsibilities of this job and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive. The employee may be assigned other duties that are not specifically included.
Employment is contingent upon employer verification of work experience. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications and submit a complete application packet by the deadline will be considered. Applications submitted by fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will NOT be accepted.
Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. All applications become the property of ESCC.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. The candidate hired will be responsible for the nonrefundable minimum cost of $17.40 for the criminal background investigation. Additional charges may apply.
Enterprise State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Enterprise State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Enterprise State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees.
The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding. More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occurs during the search process.
Enterprise State Community College application for employment form is available at www.escc.edu and should submitted online.