Employment – Aviation Adjunct Instructor/Substitute (Part-Time Multiple Positions)
POSITION: Aviation Instructor/Substitute – Part-Time
Aviation Maintenance Technology
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic License
• Six years of full-time industry and/or teaching experience in aircraft maintenance and repair
• Associate’s degree or equivalent (at least 60 semester hours in a planned program, including associate degree core).
• Six years of full-time industry and/or teaching experience in avionics or closely related field
• FCC General Radiotelephone certificate or able to obtain certificate within one year of employment
The aviation instructor prepares course syllabi and instructional materials, delivers instruction, and evaluates and student progress in the Alabama Aviation College (AAC) AMT and/or Avionics program. The instructor maintains student and class records in accordance with College policies and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) procedures and provides academic advisement for students. This is a part-time position based on the AAC Ozark campus and may include teaching day and/or night classes. Travel may be required to instructional sites and meeting locations. AAC is a unit of Enterprise State Community College.
POSITION AVAILABLE: August 2018
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares course syllabi and instructional materials, delivers instruction, and evaluates and records student progress in assigned courses.
• Prepares and submits student and class records in accordance with policies and procedures established by the College and the FAA.
• Employs appropriate teaching strategies in classroom and laboratory settings.
• Assigns to students outside learning experiences that reinforce classroom and laboratory instruction.
• Evaluates student progress at frequent intervals using a variety of methods, including tests and skills demonstrations.
• Explains, demonstrates, and ensures the safe use of tools, materials, and equipment in classroom and laboratory settings.
• Evaluates and advises the College administration on the inventory of instructional materials, including library and computer resources, pertinent to area of instruction.
• Orders required materials using established procedures.
• Advises students on class schedules and coursework for degree plan completion.
• Schedules and maintains office hours for student assistance.
• Promotes leadership and enrichment experiences through student organizations and/or other activities.
• Assists students in securing employment.
• Remains current on technological and employment trends pertinent to area of instruction; adjusts curricula, within established parameters, to maintain industry currency.
• Maintains current licensures and certifications as required.
• Interacts with representatives of aviation industry and agencies.
• Participates in College meetings, College committees, and in-service activities.
• Participates in curriculum development, evaluation, and revision.
• Assists in planning, developing, and evaluating College programs and activities.
• Supports college mission, including the institution’s commitment to providing opportunities to students without regard to race, sex, age, income, religion, disability, or occupation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary Schedule L , $500.76 per theory hour. $998.40 per lab hour. Example: 3 theory, 2 lab course (3:2 lab) = $3499.08
*This is typical of an AMT and AMP course* $23.54 per contact hour for substitute instructors.
Open until filled
Incomplete or late application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. Application packets submitted after the deadline date will eliminate the possibility of an interview. The submission of all required application materials by the deadline is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Applicants must submit a complete packet which consists of the following:
• Completed ESCC Application for Employment
• Current resume
• Copy of FAA A&P license
• Verification of experience to equal the required years for the position included above.
(Verification of experience should be on company letterhead or form and include the applicants name, title, dates of employment, and duties and responsibilities while employed. All letters must be dated and include an original signature of authorized personnel. If an employment verification cannot be obtained due to a legitimate reason, an applicant may submit copies of other trustworthy documentation such as appointment letters, contracts, pay stubs, military forms or W-2 forms documenting the term of employment)
Employment is contingent upon employer verification of work experience. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications and submit a complete application packet by the deadline will be considered. Applications submitted by fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will NOT be accepted.
Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. All applications become the property of ESCC.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. The candidate hired will be responsible for the nonrefundable minimum cost of $17.40 for the criminal background investigation. Additional charges may apply.
Enterprise State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Enterprise State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Enterprise State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees.
The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Enterprise State Community College application for employment form is available at www.escc.edu and should submitted online.