Athletic Assistant Coach
Posted On: Thursday, September 6
POSITION: Athletic Assistant Coach
• Experience playing and/or coaching baseball, softball or basketball.
• Knowledge of NJCAA eligibility rules preferred
• CDL-endorsement P License preferred
The Athletic Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach with coaching duties. Helps maintain a clean atmosphere. Prepares the field/gym for practice. Attends practices and games and assists with study halls. Helps maintain field/gym maintenance.
POSITION AVAILABLE: September 2018
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist coach with coaching duties
• Maintain a clean atmosphere by cleaning dugouts, ballpark, gymnasium, bathrooms, bleachers, and grounds
• Prepare the field/gym for practice
• Set up water coolers for players
• Attend practices and games
• Assist with study halls
• Help coach with travel plans (meals, rooms, etc.)
• Provide field maintenance: cut grass, kill weeds, fertilize the fields, chalk the fields for practice and game days
• Become familiar with NJCAA rules and regulations
• Assist with recruiting (if coach agrees to this)
• Act as an adult ALWAYS representing ESCC with their best interest
• Develop schedules of practices, games and scrimmages based on NJCAA, ACCC, and ESCC policies
• Assist head coach with maintaining athletic inventory, i.e. equipment, uniforms, etc.
• Assist with attending and hosting signing ceremonies for new baseball players.
• Assist in designing a training program and game program.
• Ensure that health and safety precautions are observed during all activities.
• Assume duties of the Head Coach if required to do so.
• Assist with keeping up to date statistics during the season and provide them to the head coach.
• Support the philosophy and mission of the College.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
• Effective oral, auditory and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, other employees, and the public is required.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
Salary Schedule L not to exceed $5,000 per season
POSITION DEADLINE: Continuous posting
Applicants must submit a complete packet which consists of the following:
• Completed ESCC Application for Employment
• Current resume
• Signed cover letter to include the applicant’s skills, abilities, and experience which would benefit the ESCC athletic program.
Employment is contingent upon employer verification of work experience. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications and submit a complete application packet by the deadline will be considered. Applications submitted by fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will NOT be accepted.
Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. All applications become the property of ESCC.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. The candidate hired will be responsible for the nonrefundable minimum cost of $17.40 for the criminal background investigation. Additional charges may apply.
Enterprise State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Enterprise State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Enterprise State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees.
The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Enterprise State Community College application for employment form is available at www.escc.edu and should submitted online.