Employment – Adult Education Instructor
Posted On: Monday, 8 September 2014
Department: Adult Education
Job Type: Part Time
Education: 4 Year Degree
Adult Education Instructor (English-as-a-Second Language, Adult Basic Education, OR Adult Secondary Education) – Part-Time
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Excellent oral, auditory, and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, other employees and the public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of multi-media, instructional technology.
- Preferred: Two (2) years teaching experience.
Maintains a high level of competence and expertise in the area of Adult Education. Provides classroom instruction in accordance with approved local program and state requirements. Incorporates current teaching techniques, subject area developments, and current technology into the Adult Education program design. Provides a variety of classroom experiences including small group instruction, teacher-directed instruction, self-paced instruction, and computer-assisted instruction to meet the needs of the learner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SEE ATTACHED JOB DESCRIPTION
Commensurate with Alabama State Board of Education D-3 Salary Schedule 12-month position Range: ($24,960-$49,920) HOURLY RATE
Applicants must submit a complete packet which consists of the following:
- Current resume
- Copy of transcript showing degree and date conferred
- Employer verification of work experience, must be on company letterhead or form, signed by company administrator
Employment is contingent upon employer verification of work experience. Must be on company letterhead or form, signed by company administrator and include name, title & dates employed. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications and submit a complete application packet by the deadline will be considered. Applications submitted by fax or email will not be accepted. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. From applications received, a search committee will review applications, interview eligible applicants, and select candidates for further consideration by the President. Interviews will be by appointment only. Applicants must travel at their own expense. Candidates selected for an interview must demonstrate proficiency in written English and skills assessment may be included as part of the interview process. All applications become the property of ESCC. In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. Enterprise State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security. The candidate hired will be responsible for the nonrefundable minimum cost of $17.40 for the criminal background investigation. Additional charges may apply.
Enterprise State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Enterprise State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Adult Education Instructor (English-as-a-Second Language, Adult Basic Education, or Adult Secondary Education) – Part-Time
Director of Adult Education
- Earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Excellent oral, auditory, and written communication skills required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, other employees and the public required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of multi-media, instructional technology required.
- Two (2) years teaching experience preferred.
- A sensitivity and commitment to cultural diversity.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and various situations in a calm, professional manner.
- A commitment to teaching and learning, particularly where adult students and non-traditional students are involved.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains a high level of competence and expertise in the area of Adult Education.
- Participates in professional development activities including the annual summer conference.
- Provides classroom instruction in accordance with approved local program and state requirements.
- Incorporates current teaching techniques, subject area developments, and current technology into the Adult Education program design.
- Provides a variety of classroom experiences including small group instruction, teacher-directed instruction, self-paced instruction, and computer-assisted instruction to meet the needs of the learner.
- Informs students concerning course requirements, evaluation procedures, attendance requirements, and academic progress.
- Provides for effective evaluation of the learning experience of each student.
- Submits timely and accurate Adult Education National Reporting System (NRS) records.
- Maintains necessary attendance, scholastic, and enrollment records and submits them according to announced deadlines.
- Participates in the planning of effective long-range goals for the Adult Education program.
- Demonstrates effective people skills, communication skills, and work ethic (i.e., prepared, well-groomed, punctual).
- Assists students with educational and career decisions.
- Participates in the recruitment of new students.
- Coordinates with AE and other College personnel on the College’s Adult Education graduation ceremony.
- Performs duties at alternate sites within the College’s Adult Education Service area when needed.
- Performs duties related to program orientation sessions including assessment and class assignments.
- Maintains classroom supplies, materials, and furniture and equipment inventory.
- Assumes other work related responsibilities as assigned by the Adult Education Director and/or the President.