Employment – Academic Adjunct Instructor or Substitute Pool
Posted On: Wednesday, 7 May 2014
Job Type: Part Time
Education: Graduate Degree
Academic Adjunct Instructor or Substitute Pool – Part -Time
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- 18 graduate semester (or 27 graduate quarter) hours in a subject taught at the College (example: art, biology, English, mathematics, science, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (minimum)
- 27 semester hours in subject (English, Math, or Reading)
Courses are available throughout the week, at a variety of times, during the day and evening, on our campuses and sites. Distance Education and Dual Enrollment courses are also offered.
Fall/Spring Semester – approximately 15 weeks
Summer Semester – approximately 10 weeks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SEE ATTACHED JOB DESCRIPTION
THEORY – $500.76 per credit hour (example: $1502.28 for 3 credit hour course).
Compensation arrangements for substitute instructors may vary depending on the duration of the instructional assignment and the instructional division (academic or technical) within the College. Appropriate compensation arrangements for substitute instructors will be determined by the College.
If you are interested in being considered for the Aviation Adjunct/Substitute apply online below and attach the following required documents.
- Employment verification letters verifying at least six years of full time work experience. Letters must be signed and dated on company letterhead. DD214 will suffice to verify military experience.
- A current resume’/Curriculum Vita.
- A copy of transcripts verifying your graduate degree. If hired, you must provide official transcripts from all institutions attended.
Upon receipt of all items listed above, your file will be evaluated. The appropriate Division Chair, who will serve as your point of contact, will notify you if a position becomes available.
Employment is contingent upon employer verification of work experience. Must be on company letterhead or form, signed by company administrator and include name, title & dates employed. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications and submit a complete application packet by the deadline will be considered. Applications submitted by fax or email will not be accepted. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. From applications received, a search committee will review applications, interview eligible applicants, and select candidates for further consideration by the President. Interviews will be by appointment only. Applicants must travel at their own expense. Candidates selected for an interview must demonstrate proficiency in written English and skills assessment may be included as part of the interview process. All applications become the property of ESCC. In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from a criminal background check. Enterprise State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security. The candidate hired will be responsible for the nonrefundable minimum cost of $17.40 for the criminal background investigation. Additional charges may apply.
Enterprise State Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Enterprise State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design each course and deliver instruction to each class to ensure an effective learning experience
- Develop, implement, and teach courses using distance learning technology (i.e., internet etc.) as required
- Submit to the Division Chair a course plan for each course taught
- Maintain a high level of competence and expertise in the teaching field or subject area
- Incorporate current teaching techniques, subject area developments, and current technology (if applicable) into the learning experience
- Provide classroom instruction in accordance with approved course outlines
- Inform students concerning course requirements, evaluation procedures, attendance requirements, and academic progress
- Provide for effective evaluation of the learning experience of each student
- Maintain necessary attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submit them according to announced deadlines
- Prepare and grade assignments, projects, and examinations as required
- Participate in the planning of effective long-range goals for the department
- Demonstrate effective people skills, communication skills, and work ethic (i.e., preparation and punctuality)