fbpx Skip to main content
  (334) 347-2623
Former Daleville star earns four-year scholarship offers

http://www.southeastsun.com/daleville/article_69d7d9e0-6c2a-11e9-bbe5-979844fee294.html

Former Daleville football and basketball star Kainan Pouncy’s Enterprise State basketball career came to a close earlier this year, but his college career is only beginning.

Pouncy received four scholarship offers from four-year basketball programs last week including the University of Montevallo, Georgia Southwestern State University, University of Arkansas at Monticello and Florida A&M University.

Montevallo, Georgia Southwestern and Arkansas-Monticello are all Division II schools, while Florida A&M is a Division I school and part of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, which is made up primarily of historically black colleges and universities. Montevallo is also historically a Division II power having reached the Division II Sweet 16 eight times since 2004 and the Elite 8 three times during that span, including an appearance in the NCAA Division II National Championship in 2012.

“I was really excited (to receive the offers) and the chance to play at the next level is always a blessing,” Pouncy said. “I just want to choose the school that best fits me with great coaches that I can get along with and a nice, safe campus. I want to be the best version of myself that I can possibly be and win a championship.”

Before coming to ESCC, Pouncy was an all-state athlete in both basketball and football at Daleville High School. Pouncy had a massive senior season despite coming off of an ACL tear during his junior season. He averaged 18 points, 8.4 rebounds, 6.1 steals, 5.7 assists and 1.5 blocks per game in his senior campaign at Daleville.

Pouncy earned Alabama Community College Conference (ACCC) All-Region 22 second team honors in both his freshman and sophomore seasons at ESCC. He also earned All-South Division first team honors in both seasons.

Pouncy averaged 20.3 points per game as a sophomore, which was fourth in the entire conference, and 19.7 points per game as a freshman. Pouncy’s 47 total steals during the season was also 10th in the conference and his 8.1 rebounds per game as fourth in the ACCC.

Pouncy said that he thoroughly enjoyed his time at ESCC and learned a lot there.

“It was great and I definitely would recommend ESCC to future players,” Pouny said. “I really learned about what it takes and to thrive and work hard on and off the court on a daily basis.”

Enterprise State Community College

Your College, Your Future

Enterprise State Community College offers excellent academic, technical, and workforce training programs in order to prepare students for jobs that are in demand! Our faculty and staff are committed to the educational success of all ESCC students!

READ OUR LATEST NEWS
APPLYMyESCCSCHEDULE OF CLASSESHOW TO REGISTER